Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Chapter 3: The Escape

I personally love this chapter because I can just imagine everyone running around like crazy trying to catch this little pig. It makes me laugh to picture it in my head! I also think this is probably the most fun scene for the actors in the movie (by the way, did you know that Charlotte's Web is now on Netflix?). What do you think?

But to our real discussion...the whole reason Wilbur broke out of his pen in the first place was because he was bored. But after his little adventure, he said, "If this is what it's like to be free...I believe I'd rather be penned up in my own yard." (p. 19). Why do you think he changed his mind? Was that surprising to you that he preferred being penned up over running free?

5 comments:

  1. Kiptyn liked when the goose told Wilbur to push his way out of the pen.
    Kelley's favorite part was when all of the people were chaing after Wilbur.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were both fun parts! I think the goose is my favorite character. She's got a little mischievous spirit in her!

      Delete
  2. Claire Selden, Mrs. Fredericks class.
    He liked to stay by the farm and he wanted to eat there. I was surprised that he liked being penned up because he loved to be with Fern. He love to eat and play all day. I liked when everyone was chasing him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe one of the reasons he liked being penned up was because he knew he was safe and Fern could find him. It was funny imagining the chase scene! Can you picture a group of adults running around after a pig?

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete